Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer's here?

Thursday morning, the temp was 61 when we got up. Yesterday, I think is was still in the mid-high 60's. But since it's Memorial Day wknd- the official start of summer- I got Audrey's little pool out anyway. We filled it yesterday late afternoon, and it was COLD! I knew it would be, but I was trying to convince Audrey to get in anyway. To that end, I pulled up a chair and stuck my feet it- whoa! It was PAINFULLY cold. Reminded me of my college sports days, when you had to put your foot in an ice bath for a sprained ankle. Ok, not THAT bad, but still. She eventually did step in, and would catch her breath with each step in the water. She tried to put her hands in- made her catch her breath again. At one point, she thought about sitting down, caught her breath and then thought better of it. She ain't no fool! The funniest part about it all was her learning what it was all called. She thought her swimsuit was panties and shirt. I told her swimsuit! So then she thought the pool was called a swimsuit. Either way, she had fun, and the good news is, it WILL get hotter!

No comments:

Post a Comment