Monday, May 23, 2011

Back to work, making the big bucks.

If you didn't already know, I work a whopping 8.5ish hrs a week. Overwhelming, right? I took 8 weeks off when WyWy was born, and went back last Tuesday. I was going to post at the end of last week to tell all the fun and exciting things about going back, but instead, I got a stomach bug on Thursday. So not only did I not work my full week, I also felt like death and didn't want to type anything. :) For 24 hrs I couldn't keep fluids down, even with Zofran on board. So now my paranoia was two-fold: my kids are going to catch this, and my milk is going to dry up from lack of fluids. The first part didn't come true, PTL! And my milk DID start slowing down, so Wyatt had a couple frustating days of being hungry. Since he's pushing 14 lbs, I didn't worry too much that he'd blow away though. I started taking fenugreek like crazy Thursday night. It was actually the first thing other than fluids that I attempted to swallow! 3 capsules, 3 times a day. So if you smell a strong maple syrup-like scent, yes it's me and Wyatt. Don't be alarmed. It took a couple days, but by yesterday afternoon, I felt like we were back to normal, thank the Lord! 2 months is way too early to wean, in my opinion. Now to wean myself down off the fenugreek, so I can stop craving pancakes. ;)

The other excitement from my 1 day back to work last week, was Audrey's first day to MDO since potty training. It didn't go too well, but since I've had a week to calm down about it, we'll just say this: her teacher wasn't very committed to helping her be successful, so she had an accident. Her teacher also must have lost her mind, because she PUT A DIAPER ON HER to poop. Um yeah. I can't fathom why you would put a diaper on a child that has been potty training for a week, unless you just wanted to un-do everything the parents have been working for. Ok, so that's the short version, and we're just going to move on. I've since discovered that Audrey is quite the typical female, in that she's not fond of potties that aren't her own. I mean, isn't that why we squat in public, girls?? She had yet to potty anywhere other than home until yesterday at church (which was a bit of an ordeal). So I realize now that we have some work to do at MDO, in getting her comfortable with foreign potties. :) Thinking of taking her potty seat (that goes on the big potty) with us, but I really don't want to! Cuz that's an ordeal too, and then we still have to learn at some point how to go without it!! Suggestions welcome. Hopefully this week will go much smoother in many respects: I'll actually work the whole week (well, my whole 8.5 hrs) and Audrey's teacher will have patience, so Audrey will have success at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment