Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another sleepless day at MDO

For my kids, anyway. I don't know who these children are who don't nap at home, but nap great at MDO. They sure aren't mine!! Audrey has napped I think maybe 5 times since January at MDO, and never more than about an hour. I figured it would be better with Wyatt, since he's just a baby, and they sleep any where, right?? I figured then he'd get used to sleeping there, and it'd be smooth sailing. Well, guess how much the sleep-anywhere-cuz-you're-just-a-baby baby slept today? Grand total of 2 hrs and 40 mins. Out of what should have been 4.5 to 5 hrs of napping. His teacher told me when I picked him up, "we had a lot of noise from the older babies playing while he was trying to nap. We thought about putting him back there (separate, dark, secluded room). Maybe we will next time." !!! I laughed and said, YES PLEASE! I don't care if you stick him in a closet, if he can be away from the noise and get good sleep, do it! Do other babies/kids just pass out wherever they are, no matter what's going on? Are my kids just especially nosy and skittish about their sleep routine?

Audrey's issues are a whole other story. I can't seem to make the teachers understand that when I say, lay her down and just leave her alone, I MEAN lay her down and just leave her alone. They want to rock, and read, and sing, and pat, etc. All with good intentions, I know. But she's a "lay her down and leave her alone" type of kid. I love that she sleeps so easily and long at home (usually 3 or 3+ hrs), but that means when she doesn't nap at MDO, it is CRANK CITY when we get home.

My SIL (jokingly) (I think) said my kids are spoiled, in that they want a dark, quiet room and that they sleep with white noise. Surely it's not just the Broussard kids that are away-from-home sleepless??

No comments:

Post a Comment