Saturday, September 24, 2011

Job hunt

As of Thursday, I was informed that I'm essentially laid off from my job. The way it was worded was "The part-time PT's are 'on hold' for now." They also said it wouldn't last long, and they'd be calling us back soon, but promises don't pay the bills. There just aren't enough hours for the new full-time PT they hired, and any of us part-time girls too. Sooo, I'm putting feelers out for a new job. I loved working at Full Potential CDC, and the flexibility was PERFECT for my life w/ the kiddos. But I can't just wait around, hoping they'll need me back before my bills are due.

I've been doing a Bible study at church for about 6-7 weeks now, called "The Mind of Christ" by TW Hunt. It is so.good. So deep, and very intense, but so good. And if we take our faith seriously, shouldn't we seriously study and challenge ourselves? A couple weeks ago it was about Matt. 6:33: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you." In a nutshell, focus on God's work above all, and He will take care of you. Ok. Sounds great in theory. This week is about the Beattitudes, focusing first on Matt. 5:3: "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." When you realize He is almighty and I am unworthy, then your perspective about everything else in life will be right.

Interesting how the Lord prepares you for growth, then sends about a situation in which you must lean on Him to make it through, huh? I am seriously counting this situation joy, because it means God is working in my life! He is using this to develop my character to be more like Christ, which is the sole reason any of us are still here after salvation.

If you would join me in praying for God's will to be made clear to me, I would much appreciate it. The situation I had was so ideal, I couldn't have organized it better myself. Work when I want/when I have childcare, and with excellent pay that enabled me to only have to work 8 hrs a week. The kids have been going to MDO for ~10 hrs a week while I work. And if you remember back this time a year ago, I was in this exact same situation. Laid off and job hunting. And this job was literally placed in my lap! So I know the Lord will take care of us, beyond a doubt. It's just a matter of Him directing me to the right people and places, and me being sensitive enough to yield to His leading, rather than jumping at the first available opportunity.

My encouragement to you: trust the Lord in whatever struggle you're in today. Seek HIM above all else, and make your first desire to be like Him. Eveything else will fall into place, and won't seem nearly as important as you thought it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment