Thursday, May 10, 2012

Going to work

Audrey is majorly into pretend right now. For example, all day today she has been Strawberry Shortcake, and Wyatt is Huckleberry Pie. Which mostly consists of referring to them by those names. And don't slip up!! "No Momma, dat's not Wyuht! Dat's Huckleberry!" Heeheehee...love it.

So the other day, Audrey was "going to work." She had some assortment of dress-up on, like a necklace, I think her winter boots, and some glasses. She also had her purse (of course) and her baby in her purse. Not sure where she got the idea for carrying her baby in her purse! On a side note, apparently her baby is pretending too, since her name is Candi, but Audrey has recently taken to calling her Emily Elizabeth. Ok, so she tells me she's going to work. "Have fun! What will you do at work?"

"I'm gonna play wis my friends." Naturally. "And Daddy's at work too."

"Oh, well that will be so good! What does Daddy do at work?"

"Ummm, he goes to work."......................."And heesa doctor."

"What does Momma do at work?"

"You play wis your friends." Haha!! I had a good chuckle on this one! I love that she thinks I either want to do what she does, or maybe she wants to do what I do. And I love seeing a 2.5 yr old's assessment of life. I'm a pediatric physical therapist. I WANT the kids to think we're just playing games, as I'm sneaking some work in there...and I love that that's what Audrey thinks I do. She frequently asks to go back to work with me. Maybe this will inspire her to be a PT one day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment