Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Grilled cheese...and boy cheese.

I previously posted (not sure if here or FB...I'll try to find the link) about how apparently Audrey thought grilled cheese was"GIRL" cheese. She was eating girl cheese, and Daddy was eating boy cheese. Today, these labels went to a whole new level.

Wyatt, the man-child, was also eating a "___" cheese sandwich for lunch, along with Audrey. His first. (And for the record, I think he could have eaten an entire sandwich. He ate more than A. Little beast.) So it went a little like this: "What's Wyuht have? Dat's his boy cheese?"

I laughed as the previous gender-cheese sandwich experience came flooding back to me. "Yes, baby that's his GRILLED cheese."

"No, heesa boy! Dat's his BOYYY cheese! And dis is my GURRRRL cheese!"

"Ok, that's his boy cheese, and that's your girl cheese." No use arguing the inconsequential details. And so we continue eating our gender-cheese sandwiches. Until Wyatt has polished off his half sandwich, green beans, and puffs and is looking around for more. Audrey hasn't been eating well lately and is also sickly today, so I know good and well she won't finish her half.

"Audrey, can you share some of your grilled cheese with Wyatt? He's still hungry."

"Dis MY gurl cheese, Momma."

"Yes, but you're all done with it, and he wants some more." I start cutting it up and putting it on his tray, then the distress starts.

"Dat's my gurl cheese Momma!! Heesa boy!"

"Ok, well, he can eat girl cheese." Why am I now calling it a girl cheese? Would my efforts be better spent explaining GRILLED???

"He not eat GURL cheese! Heesa boy!"

"Alrigh then, now it's a boy cheese for Wyatt."

"No, it's notta boy cheese, itsa GURRRL cheese!"

Ayiyi...apparently GIRLs eat GIRL cheeses, and BOYs eat BOY cheeses, and there is to be no cross-eating, nor magic-momma-wand waving to convert one into the other. I guess I can't tell her I made ONE sandwich and cut it in half...that would just rock her little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment