Saturday, October 8, 2011

Oops! Or, Finally!

A few weeks ago I posted about Wyatt's un-fun teething routine. After we got through those rough few days, I realized in hindsight that likely the real reason for the disrupted sleeping was his new-found skill of standing up in his bed, and not being able to sit back down. He probably was also having some teeth issues, but it wasn't the main problem. Within a few days, he learned to sit himself down and all was well again.

The really embarrassing part of the teething proclamation...at Wy's 6-mo checkup I told the doc about the "tooth" that had popped through a few weeks prior. He checks it out and decides: not a tooth. ???? How did I mis-judge this one??? This isn't my first rodeo when it comes to the baby stuff. There was clearly a small white bump on his lower gumline. The drooling and chewing were through the roof. What other signs do you need in order to call it teething?? Well, I felt silly calling it a tooth when he just flat said "Nope." Said it was a clogged-pore thingy, sorta like a whitehead on the mucosa. Um, ok. I guess that's why the tooth hadn't continued to break through any further in a like a month. Shoulda clued me in, I suppose. :-/

Now, y'all notice I didn't come right out and admit my goof-up a few weeks ago when I was informed. I'm telling you, I felt really silly making the wrong call here!! But I bring it up now to say, he cut his first (real!) tooth today!! Haha, pretty darn sure about it this time! It's alot sharper than the "bump" on his gum (which is oddly, still there?). The past few days, everyone taking care of him (church nursery, MDO) kept saying he just wasn't himself and was quite cranky. Well now we know why!

Just another reminder that my "baby" is growing up toooo fast. Feel like I barely even got to hold him before he was off and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment